James Festini & Century 21 Award has the honor of serving people who want to buy and sell homes. We care about our clients, our communities, and our colleagues. Nothing in recent memory has brought this into sharper focus than the COVID-19 pandemic. As discussed below, providing real estate services has been deemed essential in California, permitting brokerages to conduct business during this time. With that right comes the responsibility of doing so in a safe manner.
The following guidelines outline procedures that will allow us to continue to do business in a way that is mindful of the unique risks we are all facing. It is our responsibility to follow these guidelines so that we and our and clients are protected.
Accordingly, real estate licensees will limit personal interactions to the greatest extent possible and will engage in-person only when necessary, and follow these strict protocols:
- Washing your hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer immediately upon entry and before touring or inspecting the property;
- Wearing a protective face covering;
- Practicing social distancing by keeping at least six feet between yourself and others, and not gathering in groups;
- Avoid touching surfaces or items on the property. All persons on property for in-person showings should avoid touching knobs, faucets, toilets and toilet handles, light switches, garage door opener buttons, handles and pulls, alarm system controls, fan pulls, remotes, thermostats, switch boxes, gates, and gate latches, window locks and sashes, pool covers, counters, door and cabinet handles, sinks, and other such items. If you believe it necessary to touch surfaces or items in the property, consider the risks of doing so;
- Discarding any disposable gloves, face coverings, or show coverings worn during the visit, upon exiting the property.
For more information & a complete list of requirements visit: